Mosquito or Insect bite -
- Grind neem leaves (paste consistency) and dab (melpuchi) applied a few times a day will relieve itch.
Dandruff (Podugu)/Hair Fall -
- Take a bunch of neem leaves, boil it till the water turns green, allow it to cool. After washing your hair with shampoo or siyakai, rinse it with this water.
Hair Growth/Scalp disorders -
- Take some neem oil and rub it into the scalp, leave it in for a while and wash. Neem oil can strengthen your hair, prevent hair fall and treat dandruff.
Blood Cleanser –
- Neem leaves are known to be an effective blood cleanser
High Fever/Malaria -
- Neem bark acts as a pain killer and can cure high fever such as the one caused by malaria.
Prevent Mosquito Bite -
- Mix one teaspoon of neem oil and with one teaspoon of coconut oil and apply the mixture on your skin to prevent mosquito bite
Joint Ache/Swelling in Joints/Rheumatism -
- Warm a tablespoon of Neem Oil and massage the affected area, and keep the area covered will be effective in relieving swelling and joint ache.
Eye Disorders/Irritation (KannUruthal/Tiredness/Redness -
- Boil some neem leaves, let the water cool completely and then use it to wash your eyes
Oral Care (gum disease/bad breath/mouth ulcers) -
- Using Neem Twigs (Kuchi) as a toothbrush with salt
Stomach ache/Cramp/Diarrhoea due to contaminated water -
- 1 tablespoon of neem leave powder, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and add mustard oil (Kadugu oil) and make into paste and apply on abdomen region twice daily till diarrhoea and stomach pain stops